Folsom Prison Free Play

Folsom Prison Slot Demo

Folsom Prison Free Play
Play now
Click here to play

Folsom Prison by Nolimit City

Play For Real? - Select a Bonus

Folsom Prison Review Rating starRating star

Folsom Prison Demo

Folsom Prison is a brutal and unforgiving slot by Nolimit City with the power to grant huge wins. It has a setup with 4-6-6-6-4 rows and 5 reels, with most positions locked initially. The ways to win can extend to 3,456 by unlocking all positions. Popular features like xWays, xSplit, and Free Spins are featured in this slot. There are some interesting extras that we will explore soon.

Join us in this Folsom Prison slot review and see if you should stay away from this prison or embrace the challenge.

Release: 14.06.2022
Volatility Volatility ON Volatility ON Volatility ON Volatility ON Volatility ON
Max Win: X75000

Written by: Julius De Vries | The review was last updated: 14 May 2024 | Fact-check by: Kim Birch

Julius de Vries rigorously assesses casino bonuses and terms at BETO™, guarding against dishonest operators. Julius is a verified gaming expert, committed to honesty and transparency. About Julius De Vries

Ratings by BETO Slots Experts


Rating star
Rating star


Rating star
Rating star


Rating star
Rating star


Rating star
Rating star

Ways to Win

Rating star
Rating star


Rating star
Rating star

Video: Gameplay & Big Win

Play now

Slot Machine Features


Bonus Buy



Network Jackpots

Network Jackpots

Pros Pros


OpenMax Win of 75,000x of your bet

OpenCockroaches with up to 10x Multipliers in Free Spins

OpenHigher RTP for buying bonuses

OpenUp to 3,456 ways to win

OpenGuaranteed Cockroaches in Free Spins

Cons Cons


Close Insane variance

Facts About the Slot

Slots Provider Nolimit City

Slots Volatility Volatility ON Volatility ON Volatility ON Volatility ON Volatility ON

Slots RTP% 94.01

Slots Game type Slots

Slots Jackpot No

Bet Range & Game Layout

Slots Minimum bet 0.20

Slots Maximum bet 120.00

Slots Reels 4

Slots Rows 2

Slots Paylines 16

Game Features

Bonus Bet Guaranteed Wild in Free Spins Random multiplier Buy Feature Reel set Changing Symbol Swap Additional Free Spins Sticky Wilds RTP range Multiplier Scatter symbols FreeSpins Wild

Unlock positions and win big in the Folsom Prison online slot

Unlock positions and win big in the Folsom Prison online slot

Welcome to Folsom Prison Slot

We have reviewed several Nolimit City games and have always appreciated their unique approach. Folsom Prison slot is yet another brilliant slot for the fans of Nolimit City. It is a risky slot that will test your patience, but only a few of these gamble online slots can compete with its craziness and potential.

At the start, the reel area will be 2-2-2-2 with 16 ways to win, and you have to unlock all positions to reach the full grid size of 4-6-6-6-4 with 3,456 ways to win. Some notable features of this game are xWays, Walk the Line Spins, The Chair Spins, and Cockroach.

The game allows you to play the way you want by having features like Toast Bet. Those of you who have already played plenty of slots by Nolimit City know how unpredictable and rewarding most of their slots are.


Prison Theme and High-Quality Graphics

Theme and Design

This slot may remind you of San Quentin xWays, and what we like the most is how they have combined the theme with the features. The locked cells, the animations before and after the Free Spins, and the spine-chilling design are just flawless.

The background is an old-school prison, which explains why they have an electric chair as a method of execution. You can see the hardened criminal walking towards the electric chair or finally reaching the electric chair before the bonuses begin.

Even Johnny Cash wrote a song called ‘Folsom Prison Blues’ and performed at this prison.


The criminals locked up in this prison are the high-paying symbols that pay 1x to 2.5x of your bet for landing a five-of-a-kind winning combination. The lower-value card symbols pay 0.30x to 0.90x of your bet for landing five-of-a-kind winning combinations.

There are 2 Wilds, which are the regular Wild and Cockroach Nest. The normal Wilds feature a rose, and the Cockroach Nest Wilds have a small hole for the Cockroaches. The Scatter is the Folsom Prison only.

Cockroach Nest Wilds and Cockroaches are really powerful in this slot

Cockroach Nest Wilds and Cockroaches are really powerful in this slot


How to Play Folsom Prison Slot Online

Now, we will explain how you can play this slot at the best online casinos.

  • The spin button has a curved arrow to start spinning the reels. Alternatively, you can use the space bar to start the action.
  • You can do 10 to 1,000 spins automatically by clicking on the play button and using autoplay.
  • It is possible to speed up the spins by clicking on the lightning icon.
  • You can adjust your base bet by clicking the coin button. Your bet can be set between €0.20 to €100.
  • Click on the loudspeaker icon to turn the sound on or off.
  • The menu button with three horizontal lines is for accessing the paytable and the settings like music.
Trigger Free Spins by landing 3 or 4 Scatters

Trigger Free Spins by landing 3 or 4 Scatters


Terrific Bonus Features

Wilds, Scatters, xWays, and xSplit symbols will open up the closest locked positions on the same reel after landing in an open position. You can land Scatters only on the middle 2 rows on all reels except for the first one in the base game.

If you land 2 Scatters in the base game, the middle 2 rows on reel 5 will open. If there are only 2 Scatters on the reels, they will transform into xWays, xSplit, Wild, or Cockroach Nest symbols.

Now, let us explore the features of this fantastic game.

Toast Bet Feature

You can enable this feature to increase your bet by 20% and get a guaranteed Scatter on the second reel.


After xWays symbols land, they will reveal 2 to 4 regular symbols of the same type and boost the ways to win.


xSplit symbols can appear on reels 2 to 5 and only the middle two rows. This symbol splits symbols in the entire row to increase win ways and also splits itself into 2 Wilds.

Any Scatter symbols affected by xSplit symbols will award an extra spin when triggering a bonus and also open locked cells. The Multipliers of Cockroach Nests increase when they are split.


A Cockroach Nest Wild symbol can appear on the open positions in the three reels in the middle. The starting position of a Cockroach will be the nest, and then it will walk over other symbols, boosting their Multiplier and unlocking any locked positions.

In the bonuses, Cockroach Nest symbols can appear on the reels, but they will be activated once a Cockroach walks over them. After that, the Multiplier of the Cockroach will be upgraded till the feature ends. Note that this only applies to inactive nests at the start of the spin.

You can upgrade the Multiplier of a Cockroach 3 times as the Multiplier levels are 1, 2, 3, and 10. If a nest has 2 eggs, the nest will boost the Cockroach Multiplier and also clone that Cockroach for the rest of the feature. The nest can clone a Cockroach only once per bonus.

If you upgrade the Free Spins, the Cockroaches keep their Multipliers.

Walk the Line Free Spins

Landing 3 Scatters will trigger the Walk the Line bonus with 8 Free Spins. Scatter symbols split by xSplit will give you an extra spin. A Scatter symbol can only land on the fifth reel in this bonus. For landing a Scatter, you get 2 extra spins, and this feature is upgraded into The Chair Spins.

You get 2 extra open rows in the middle reels in this bonus and 1 guaranteed Cockroach on each spin.

The Chair Free Spins

4 Scatters during the base game spins are enough to award you 8 The Chair Spins. You can extend the spins by 1 after splitting a Scatter symbol. This is the most powerful bonus, with 4 rows open in all reels and 3 guaranteed Cockroaches on each spin.

Nolimit Bonus Buy Feature

You can pay the amount and buy the following bonuses through this feature:

  • Walk the Line: 68x of your stake
  • The Chair: 1,500x of your bet
  • Lucky Draw with a 99% chance of triggering Walk the Line and a 1% chance of triggering The Chair: 82x of your bet
  • Lucky Draw with an 80% chance of triggering Walk the Line and a 20% chance of triggering The Chair: 355x of your bet
  • Lucky Draw with a 50% chance of triggering both Free Spins: 784x of your bet
Unlock every locked cell to improve your chances of winning big in the Folsom Prison slot

Unlock every locked cell to improve your chances of winning big in the Folsom Prison slot


RTP, Volatility, and Max Win

The RTP of the Folsom Prison slot is 96.07%, which is almost equal to the average RTP. Here are the RTPs of various bonuses:

  • Toast Bet: 96.03%
  • Walk the Line Feature Buy: 96.36%
  • The Chair Feature Buy: 96.31%
  • Lucky Draw (99/1) Feature Buy: 96.46%
  • Lucky Draw (80/20) Feature Buy: 96.20%
  • Lucky Draw (50/50) Feature Buy: 96.33%

The extremely high volatility of this slot is set to max out the adrenaline rush from playing it.

Free Spins with guaranteed Cockroaches and more unlocked positions have massive potential

Free Spins with guaranteed Cockroaches and more unlocked positions have massive potential


Is the Folsom Prison Online Slot Worth it?

With so many competitors in the online gambling industry, Nolimit City has made a name for itself by creating absolutely insane slots. Folsom Prison slot is the perfect example of Nolimit City’s style, and we get to see some innovative features in this one.

The Cockroaches are the key to the big wins in the bonuses. Landing special symbols helps unlock positions in the base game, and the massive potential of this slot exists partly because of up to 3,456 ways to win. The bonuses already have more unlocked positions and offer you higher chances of unlocking remaining positions.

Buying Walk the Line Free Spins or Lucky Draw (99/1) gives you a high RTP, so you should consider these options. Toast Bet delivers a slightly lower RTP but can make the game more exciting.

Regardless of the way you play, this slot has the ability to shock you and make you win your biggest win yet. It may also be brutal, but that is part of the fun. If you accept that you will never know how great or bad the results will be, you can have loads of fun.

You can play Folsom Prison slot on mobile devices or your laptop for real money by playing at the best casinos we recommend here at BETO.


Folsom Prison Slot – FAQs

How much is the Max Win in the Folsom Prison slot? Arrow Arrow

The Max Win is 75,000x of your bet, and the crazy part is that this is not even the biggest Max Win offered by the developer of this slot.

What is the RTP and variance of the Folsom Prison video slot? Arrow Arrow

The RTP of the game is 96.07%, and you can enjoy a higher RTP of up to 96.46% by buying the features. This one is an extremely high volatility slot, so it would be best if you avoid betting high and take it slow.

Are there any Free Spins in Folsom Prison slot machine? Arrow Arrow

Yes, this slot offers you 2 types of Free Spins that are triggered by landing either 3 or 4 Scatters. The Free Spins have more unlocked positions and guaranteed Cockroaches on each spin.

How do the xWays work in the Folsom Prison online slot? Arrow Arrow

After an xWays symbol lands, it reveals 2 to 4 matching symbols and increases the ways to win. This could help you create a big win.

Is the Folsom Prison slot a scam? Arrow Arrow

No, this or any other slot by Nolimit City is 100% not a scam. They are a legit developer that has got the proper licenses and has been operating in this industry for several years. In short, you have nothing to worry about.

Is it possible to play Folsom Prison slot for free? Arrow Arrow

Yes, you can enjoy Free Spins, Cockroaches, unlocking positions, xWays, xSplits, and more by playing Folsom Prison slot demo mode for free here at BETO.